Join the team at Shropshires multi-award winning theatre company.
Currently searching for:
JOB TITLE - Production Assistant
Get Your Wigle On is a multi award-winning musical theatre company in Shrewsbury with a small team of energetic, hard-working and passionate individuals. Our company runs from a studio in the heart of Shrewsbury’s town centre and offers dance, drama and musical theatre classes to all ages. We perform multiple productions at Theatre Severn as well as showcasing local talent at other venues and events across the year.
We are looking for a switched-on, reliable, organised, positive person to join our team to assist us with the planning and scheduling of our productions and hires. Experience in marketing would be an added bonus as part of the roles responsibilities includes helping to promote our productions and studio.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving business and explore multiple areas of the musical theatre industry. This is a full time permanent role, with the room to progress and develop with training.
About the job:
36 hours a week based at our studio Monday - Friday. Working hours to typically be 10am - 6pm.
This role will work to our managing director and will undertake a varied list of roles to assist with administration and operations across the business
Assisting in all production admin – communicating with suppliers, bringing together every element in the build-up and helping to manage our database system (includes data entry)
Assisting in the purchasing and organising of scenery, costumes and props.
Act as the main point of contact for companies looking to hire scenery, costumes or props from our company - booking the hires in the diary and liaising with interested hirers.
There will also be occasional work outside of office hours (weekends and evenings) to assist with our productions.
Assisting with the marketing of our productions and studio with scope to learn about PR, marketing and social media management.
Registered Address:- Get Your Wigle On, 3a St Austins Friars, Shrewsbury, SY1 1RY. 01743 272217
Key attributes we are looking for:
- Super organisational skills, master multi-tasker, tackling jobs methodically, acute attention to detail – you need to keep our crazy ideas in order!
- A personal, positive, people person to join our happy team. We love a team player.
- We need practical skills and good common sense. You will be willing to get stuck in and get your hands dirty. There will be some physical work, e.g., show week, loading vans with hires etc..
- Previous experience in events, H&S paperwork and office assisting isn’t essential, but it is very desirable
- You will be proactive, always going the extra mile, able to work autonomously, able to prioritise your workload, and calm under pressure
- Always polite and professional
- 18 years or over
There will be the opportunity to develop the skills listed above. The desire to learn is essential!
Closing date: 30th September
Annual Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 dependant on experience.
Start date: October (but this could be flexible for the right candidate)
To apply for this job please send a cover letter and your CV to:
email@example.com or post to Get Your Wigle On, 3a St Austins Friars, Shrewsbury, SY1 1RY
Interviews to be held early October.